World.Connect.Competition.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sports cars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeThu 24 Nov 2011 - 16:15

One of the best of the best is starting on the right path :lol:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: SLS AMG   Sports cars Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011 - 12:01

I don't know if any of you have seen this. The commercial was shot in British Columbia Canada along the side of the Fraser River which runs out of the Rockies to empty into the ocean at Vancouver. This is the original Trans Canada highway, one of 4 ways through the Rockies in Canada. The road runs along the river canyon for hundreds of miles at times there are shear cliffs to one side and drops on the other. The road passes through many tunnels through which this was shot. Its just a commercial but still pretty cool. ⭐

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011 - 6:17

The car is surely beautiful but does it need such a exaggerated, even absurd commerical? In germany it is supposed to be Michael Schumacher behind the wheel. :roll:

So instead of the beautiful country-side, they film a tunnel roll! lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 8)
Back to top Go down
https://worldconnectcomp.aktiv-forum.com
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: :)   Sports cars Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011 - 6:38

Maybe it was the stig. Truth in advertising!
A lot of American films are shot in Vancouver due to the lower value of the Canadian dollar compared to the US buck. Having lived in Vancouver for over 6 years I recognize many scenes in films that are suppost to be US cities. It is all smoke and mirrors as the carnies say. You are right about the car though, a beauty.
:)
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: lms   Sports cars Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012 - 3:29

Two-time Le Mans 24 Hours winner Allan McNish says sportscar racing is entering a glorious new era

I like Al and his post race video comments which appear here after races, sometimes.

👽
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: GT1   Sports cars Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2012 - 1:23

GT1 at Norgaro live
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: GT1   Sports cars Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2012 - 1:25

silly me
here
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 7:07

I watched the highlights of this series. Pretty cool! Sometimes I wish sportscars could be the top category instead of open wheelers. Sadly it seems the two Porsches may be 'also rans' along with the Fords.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: GT1   Sports cars Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 8:43

Hi Richard
Actually one of the Porsches Mike Parisy was in 3rd at the beginning of the final race but recieved a drive through and fell back to the rear of the pack. He had moved up to 3rd on the Mercs that placed 3rd and 4th at the finish. That said they were doing alright if not for the false start. Not sure how the other car did but it was near the back from the start. It is great to see these races, I watched all of them last season and like that they are all shown live on line. Last year the Ford did well when Grosjean and Westbrook drove it. They both drove spectacular races in the Ford. Once the race sorts out the drivers have a hard time passing each other. Looking forward to the race at Spa on the 20th
big smile

Race update: CMS NorthAmerican series (Thursday night)
Got a 9th at Circuit Tremlant last week in the LMPC, missed third in class due to a brain fade checking up on my tires and forgetting which corner was coming up and missed the shift to 2nd. sleep
CMS World Division (Sunday Afternoon)
I was third in Class in the 997 and on my way to a podium at Singapore untill a LMP1 side swiped me and I lost it and hit the wall. I was going to lodge a complaint as it was avoidable but after the 72 hour cool off I figured oh well. The kid did sort of apoligize and I felt kind of shitty ruining his first win. Too easy going I guess. I have decided to lightened up the FFB for Adelaide and hope it will help me controll the car on these closed circuits. The walls do not forgive any mistakes.
regards Michael
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: spa na   Sports cars Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 8:48

opps my mistake the next GT1 race is at Zolder. woops
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012 - 10:29

I got swiped into the barriers at about 100mph in our EIIC Sebring race. I will hope to catch the live coverage of GT1 and GT2 next time.

Plus my club racing at Old Drivers Spirit has not been going well. I am not adapting well to the new Historix mod, 2 DNF's in a row.
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr 2012 - 0:30

FIA GT1 live coverage just starting, Porsche on pole! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] good quality stream
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr 2012 - 9:46

I have been messing around in photoshop and came up with this design. It looks a bit cartoon like, I keep changing little bits but I am pleased with it. I think the biggest problem with the design is the girls face, it doesnt look quite right but i am determined to make it work

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Richard Roberts on Sat 21 Apr 2012 - 11:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr 2012 - 11:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr 2012 - 23:04

Not bad Richard, although so many different and wild colours make me jumpy. Similar to Troy Lee 997s or M3 GT Art Design.
You should give your Aston Dunlop tyres. razz
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Blends   Sports cars Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2012 - 0:57

Hi Richard
Looks good. You may find using “blends” through the layer menu a help. Check out tutorials on You Tube for info on how to use them.
wow
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Zolder   Sports cars Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2012 - 4:46

GT1 Porsche first and last. Seems the second car could use a better crew. I guess the Chinese sponsers want a driver from China which is a good thing for raising fans in their country. A great race and the double pass Halliday ( I think) did on to the pit straight was the high light of the race.
big smile
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2012 - 7:21

Michael, I was wondering if you took part at the Mount Tremblant - CMS NA race?
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2012 - 8:45

Marcel wrote:
Not bad Richard, although so many different and wild colours make me jumpy. Similar to Troy Lee 997s or M3 GT Art Design.
You should give your Aston Dunlop tyres. razz

I am with you on not liking too many colours. I am looking for innovative ways to design skins and I like trying out new techniques. I have done simple designs for an aston before and prefer them. I wanted to add some texture to a plain green aston and got carried away! The screenshot doesnt actually do it justice its quite striking

Last edited by Richard Roberts on Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 8:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr 2012 - 8:50

Hmm also a reminder to you Michael to read Ross Bentley Speed Secrets, you wont regret it!
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Tracks and books   Sports cars Icon_minitimeMon 23 Apr 2012 - 10:36

Hi Marcel
Regarding your question about racing at Tremblant, yes I participated at the CMS race driving the LMPC finishing 4th in class of the 11 LMPC cars and 9th over all. Some of the guys didn’t like the track some thought the track extremely hard and challenging mainly because they felt the track is narrow and does not provide many places to pass and with a few difficult corners. I think that is true on all counts. It was also the reason many LPC drivers have opted to change to other classes.
Did you have a particular question regarding the track?

Richard
I was just on line looking at the book you recommended. At about $8.00 I guess I had better buy a copy. I have this old fashion aversion to buying things on line and usually go searching for things in real 3D stores. Being an avid reader and I have already fulfilled an unsuccessful search here in Ottawa due to your first recommendation. I guess I had better bend to the times. I see the book has a part II, do you recommend both?

I have been reflecting on my past performance in the new year and I am happy to note an improvement in may racing. I am not totally happy as I seem to make at least 1 major error in each race which seems the flaw in my racing career so far. This season being no different except but for 1 exception, I have been racing in the Race Connect GT3 series and last week we did the race at Mosport. The result was of no importance what was is I finished the race with out incident and had some wonderful battles some of which I won and some lost. It was very influential in my attitude in the next race at Long Beach were I lamentably made an error in judgment passing a back marker. Other than that I am starting to find a rhythm with the cars and the feel for the slow in fast out concept in connection to the late apex and engine torque. It is such a subtle thing it seems beyond description and only exists in the doing. smile

Regards
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeTue 24 Apr 2012 - 2:26

I bought the first book and later hired the advanced (second) later from the library. The advanced book includes nearly everything from the first but more case studies. Better for someone who has some experience of doing. There are not too many differences in taking things from the book for virtual as opposed to real life. The advantage we have over our real counterprts is tracktime, lack of fear and better replays.

Don't bother with his books about mentally training yourself or how to market yourself as a driver at this stage.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your racing and improving. I think I improved after reading the books. I am still at the stage where 300 laps of practice really helps. I can shave off seconds eg sebring road america it took me a lot of time to refine my driving and lines. Wish it didn't take so long.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 6:22

I didn't have anything in particular on my mind Michael. Thanks for telling us a bit about the event, it sounds like you did well and enjoyed it, even more so as you didn't gave up the LMPC car. I thought it is an interesting track, one I thought that isn't available for rfactor. I can imagine that it was a great experience driving there, provided the quality of the track is good. I like challenging tracks.

I can send you a "non-complete" copy of the afore mentioned book "free of charge" Michael. Let me know.

smile
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 15:43

Marcel wrote:
I can send you a "non-complete" copy of the afore mentioned book "free of charge" Michael. Let me know.

smile

Marcel if you are alluding to the fact that you have an electronic copy of the book Ross Bentley’s Speed Secrets, I would certainly appreciate having a copy please and thank you. I was about to go on line today and purchase it from Amazon but being a believer in sharing a copy sounds good to me.
big smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sports cars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sports cars   Sports cars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sports cars
Page 1 of 1