World.Connect.Competition.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Champion Motor Sport

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael

Michael

Champion Motor Sport Empty
PostSubject: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011 - 3:36

Hi guys
I guess you are all busy with preparations for Daytona. Getting your game faces on as they say. shock
Yesterday while mucking about with my backups I discovered that the boys in Texas at CMS had added a final fun race to the North American LMS series for GT cars to finish off the season and keep us on our toes. It was 90 minutes a Bathurst located down under. There were 20 takers at the start and an attrition rate that eliminated 60% of the field by the end. I was allowed to change cars from the Saleen to the 997. I cobbled together a setup and managed to familiarize myself to the track and to qualify 6th of the 11 GT2s.
I got tangled up in a mess in corner four. I saw a car spinning to my right and dodged it only to hit the wall. When the race started I was feeling like all was going well till I turned that corner.
After returning to the pit to fix all the damage I finally got back on track and all was good until the next pit stop. I can not believe that I failed to finish the race due to my inability to get any gas at my last pit stop. I seemed to be on my pit crews black list. I am not sure I will ever talk to those 2 dimensional guys again. 🇳🇴
I had set up for fuel for 1 stop and that seemed to have gotten eliminated at my lap 1 stop for damage repair. Not sure why I could not add more fuel to the remaining stops. I again outsmarted myself by only setting up for 1 stop. With about 20 minutes to go, it was a no go to the finish line on fumes so I parked it in a sand trap and got out the clubs. 🤡
Great track and aside from the ending I had fun rising to the challenge.
Good luck tomorrow and I will see you there
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011 - 6:18

Never set up pit stops. Leave the number of pitstops blank and adjust/plan your stops as you are racing. 🤡

Thank you and no bad thoughts, tomorrow is going to be a hard race! :suspect:
Back to top Go down
https://worldconnectcomp.aktiv-forum.com
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011 - 7:00

Unlucky Michael, very disappointing. Sounds like you were doing ok apart from getting caught up in the crash at the beggining.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: The Green Hell   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011 - 11:51

This is interesting. 2.4 hours in "The Green Hell" - Nordschleife - Saturday, Januray 7, 2012 using the rfactor mod of the Porsche Carrera Cup (Only Porsche Super Cup cars).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The second link down will get you to the info page. I have signed up. I love that track. There a few guys from Europe racing like Marcel Lehrieder. At Bathurst he was second in qualifying, that was ahead of 8 or 9 GT1s. A Porsche fanatic and super fast, Some are doing the lap at the Norschliefe under 8:30. Some slots are still open. There is very little to do as to setup. Kind of aim it and hit it. :D
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: :)   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeFri 16 Dec 2011 - 13:03

Thanks Marcel for the advice regarding fueling. Your suggestion that I keep all the pit stops empty or set to zero is problematic for me. I do have a problem concentrating on my keyboard and driving so that is why I set them up before hand. All is well if the race goes according to plan but like the events of last night there can be problems. I am always changing my hot buttons on my G25 to cover these sorts of things and maybe this will instigate another. ⭐
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011 - 7:27

I will drive on Monday and see how that goes. I may enter the event since it is at 9.05 PM CET

edit i will almost definately do it. The PCC car handles nicely.
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011 - 8:54

I downloaded the ring 2007 but it is full of files "Lauf 1" "Lauf 2". I dont understand

Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: :)   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011 - 9:20

I have done a few laps with this Mod on the full 28 km track and the car has very few things you can change in the setup so it puts all the drivers on an equal footing. I added a bit more DF to the rear wing and stiffened the roll bars. I added 20 AI cars and went out for a run. I was faster in the turns but they caught up in the straights. The Mod is very good and the track is very complicated. The tires heat up and stay that way. I did about 3 laps and had to come in for a change. I admit I was braking hard at times I was a little quick into some corners and did a few 360s. I was having fun. It will be my first race here and even though I have gone around a lot in various cars it is a different thing to run it at full tilt in anger. :x
CMS has some races on the weekends tailored for the CET time zone. I think it will be a good tune up for me and the RD 24 hours at the Nordschleife which I hope we can enter as a team. ;)
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: :)   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011 - 9:35

Your a step ahead of me on this change. I will check it out later when I get some time this evening. I see your are my team mate in the #39 car. Cool
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011 - 11:46

Ok i did a lap on the server. 9.12 not so great given some can do 8.30 gulp.

Tips for not crashing are try to hit every apex and stay on the racing line. That way you notice where you are too fast or too slow. Also try to go faster by braking less rather than braking later, gradually carrying more and more speed through each corner.

When it gets out of shape the car always prefers to continue in the direction it is currently travelling. Neutral throttle or easing off the brakes can help control oversteer or understeer.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeSat 17 Dec 2011 - 13:01

Braking less rather than braking later and hard is a good advice in general! Always try to gradually decrease throttle while gradually adding brakes. Key is to optimze that process for each corner. Takes away from the bad habit of jamming on the brakes. :)

PCC is a nice mod, I raced those cars in the RD club races. They handle well in general but the feeling of racing on the edge is missing in a way. You can almost throw the cars around like nothing just to notice a few corners later that you have destroyed the tyres entirely. Also tyres can get very hot within short time. ;)
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: #46 Nicolas Armindo   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 6:32

Well this looks familiar
Kinda been there done that. :affraid:
Must be the car. Right

:D
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 11:37

Ok great news. I finished 4th in the Race Connect Christmas race event at the Nordschliefe.

Racing Lancias over 1 hr I was fighting with Ross Hawkey and some other very good drivers all the way to the finish. I think there were over 20 cars in the field. It was an astonishing result and I think I did an 8 min forty something as a best lap.

Those cars are really tough and the tires wore out after half way. I also ended the race in the pitlane because i wasnt sure if the race was over and had low fuel. A great result.

Edit: Thats 3 finishes out of 3 on that track.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: :)   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 12:26

Way to go Richard. :cheers: That is a amazingly difficult track to navigate and I think a difficult car so I am impressed with your result. Congratulations. I will be hard pressed to keep up to you fast guys. I am just trying to be consistent 1 lap at a time. After running the Lancias how do you think the handling is compared to the GT3?

Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 12:38

Lancia is a hell of alot more difficult. For starters it has no brakes. At all. And it handles like Jelly.

The Porsche supercup is nice, I have always liked it. It feels like a touring car.

Traction control and abs are available I note.

Edit I keep looking at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I think there is some prive on offer so everyone was keen to finish which made for a great race for the midfielders.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: Radical SR8 nordschleife-lap   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011 - 8:59

Pretty quick little sports car.
Nice to see the brake points. The shifts are pretty close to the 997 at least there is something to learn. I kind of find the engines sounds a bit like a reved up sewing machine.

Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: Green Hell   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jan 2012 - 7:24

Well I see this is it. Today is the day for the Green Hell event at CMS. Good luck Robert and Marcel.
The mystery team has arrived from the other side of the pond. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jan 2012 - 13:10

Why did you drop out Michael, what happend? :)
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: blinked and I was gone   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jan 2012 - 2:11

The usual sad story Marcel. When you passed me the start finish line at the end of lap 1, you and everyone else disappeared from my world. I did another lap and stopped at the line but no one else came by. It was weird and disappointing as well.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: The team   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jan 2012 - 11:00

1971 German Grand Prix

For anyone up and with nothing to do check out this, I am sitting watching Jackie Steward 1971 at the Nordschleife at Justin.tv leading and not to ruin it for any one winning the race. Francois Cevert is stuck 5 car lenghts to the rear.

Kinst Vonsterga’s at CMS photo pic from the first few laps gave the WCC team a lot of coverage.

:)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champion Motor Sport   Champion Motor Sport Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Champion Motor Sport
Page 1 of 1