World.Connect.Competition.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greetings from Brazil

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rafael Leite

Greetings from Brazil Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 11:38

Hi guys,

I've been talking with Marcel about doing some racing with you guys and looks like I will be able to join the next RDLMS race in january..

I've been playing around with rFactor and Race 07, but a lot with the ALMS MOD in GTR2 for about 2 years or so now. I mostly run Enduracers mods as well as some of the other GT mods.

I have a league myself here at Brazil ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where we have a unique WTCC championship for rfactor at Sunday nights...what will not interfer with my racing carrer here...

I'm really looking forward to my first race if I have the chance and if I deserve iy, off course.

See you on the track!!!

Rafael
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 11:56

Welcome to the forum :)

Perhaps we could drop into one of your touring car races sometime.

And look forward to seeing you on track
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: :)   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 12:38

Hi Rafael
Welcome to the WCC forum, I am in eastern Canada, if you are living in Brazil I believe we may live in the same time zone. At times I find it difficult to practice with the team mates in Europe because of the 5 to 6 hour time zone difference. I hope we can share the practice track and it is nice to extend the group of countries that are represented in World Connect Competition team.
Michael :D
Back to top Go down
Rafael Leite

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 12:45

Thanks guys!

I am starting my training to the next track by this Friday...

Hope to see you in the server..
Back to top Go down
Ricardo Edelmann

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 21:23

hi rafael and welcome to our Team! i hope you enjoy your time here:-)
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeTue 20 Dec 2011 - 5:33

Hi Rafael,

good to see you have found us, make yourself comfortable and feel free to give input! There is always somebody going to be available if you need help. Do never feel embarrassed for asking even the simpliest question! I think you already have access to our teamspeak server, right? Please let me know if I am wrong. ;)

To prepare for Road Atlanta, here are some guides:
A very good pace would be just above 1:21s to 1:22s. It is good to build a good pace before the race by having constant practice. If you spin, don't hesitate, don't panic, just get back on track and continue like nothing happend. Keep in mind that this is endurance racing, not sprint racing. Being steady and going around the track for many hours without trouble is the key on race day. :)

Whenever you can it is recommended to post screenshots of your practice sessions (time table) for everybody to see and compare where improvments can be made. Always add the setup you have used and maybe give some feedback about the setup. Things like how it feels in general, things you have noticed during practice like, tyres wear or engine, brake and tyres are getting too hot etc. You can also give advice about what can be changed on the setup to improve it.

At the moment we are using McConkey's setup for the Porsche 997 GT3 RSR as a base. You can find it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will let everybody know as soon as there are updates. Enjoy! :)
Back to top Go down
https://worldconnectcomp.aktiv-forum.com
Rafael Leite

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jan 2012 - 13:20

Guys,

unfortunately, tomorrow, I will have to do an urgent surgery to remove a lymphoma tumor in my right hand side neck. Well, this came unexpected so I still getting my mind setup for this 2012 news and my right arm will not be good for the next race. I am sorry for that and I hope to join further races.

I want to stay on this team and perform good race in the future.

Sorry for my silence since last week of December but a bunch of medical examination were lefting me tired.

Cheers and I return here soon.

Regards Rafael
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jan 2012 - 22:50

Hi Rafael,

these are some really sad news. Be asured that the team will wait for your return. But don't worry about us now, it is more important for you to get well again. Therefore I wish you strength and all the best for your recovery!

Kind regards
Marcel
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan 2012 - 3:00

I wish you a good operation and a speedy recovery. Even while you are not driving you are welcome here.
Back to top Go down
Rafael Leite

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:25

Hi
guys

I am back.

The surgery was ok and now I have to wait for the results.

Anyway, I am good again to drive and lets see If I can join the next race.

I will participate in a Brazilian league in a Endurance Championship, 12 races (2hours), 1 for month, I would like to use "our" car, is that ok for everyone?
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:34

Hi Rafael welcome back :)

We will be practicing for Le Mans quite a bit over the next month in preparation for the big race usually around 20 gmt onwards. We will be sharing tips and comparing lap times and hopefully we can get four drivers together all well prepared and ready to race. You can see the coverage of the last race posted somewhere if you have a spare 8hrs ;)
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012 - 6:40

Hey Rafael, great to have you back! Send me a PM and we can talk about the car skin. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Brazil   Greetings from Brazil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Brazil
Page 1 of 1