World.Connect.Competition.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Cost Of Racing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michael

Michael

The Cost Of Racing Empty
PostSubject: The Cost Of Racing   The Cost Of Racing Icon_minitimeSat 1 Oct 2011 - 3:53

Hi all
I was cleaning up some bookmarks from my browser and came across this older article. It is in regards to the cost of various types of motosports. This may be of interest to you Tony as it covers the cost required to run cars in ALMS and relates to the results that the economic down turn had on the racing community.

You will find the article in question at the following links.

“The Last Turn Clubhouse had great series of articles on the cost of racing in the ALMS - these can be found here (>Part 1, >Part 2, >Part 3.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

The Cost Of Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cost Of Racing   The Cost Of Racing Icon_minitimeSat 1 Oct 2011 - 19:53

thats a very interesting article Michael, i am reading it over sunday breakfast.

Interesting the cost comparisons and depreciation (or rather appreciation for a successful race car!!) of the porsches and ferraris.
my architect's salary might be able to afford to cover the 'tea trolley portion' of the budget.

I wonder if there is a similar article outlining the costs for running an older car in SCCA or something like that..
I will look.

cheers

Tony
Back to top Go down

The Cost Of Racing
Page 1 of 1