World.Connect.Competition.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CMS Sebring ALMS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael

Michael

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: CMS Sebring ALMS   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSat 3 Mar 2012 - 13:37

Hi Marcel
Regardimg the CMS race at Sebring I was reading the sign up page and noticed this

Entries will be limited for this race. We will take as many entries as posted here on the forums, but on race day the server will be setup and limited to the first 45 connecting due to rFactor scalability and track grids and stalls.
-practice starts at 3pm CST (-6GMT)

At the moment they say they have 39 registered drivers and growing which will be a big grid. I will be sure to log on early and as you have mentioned stay logged in so that I get a pit box. thank you I have just run a few laps using the setup from the RD race and after 4 laps I was turning in the same lap times from my practice sessions. smile

Looking forward to this race. I wish drivers would just start when the lights go green and follow the orange rules but their will be a few who will try to win the race going into the first comer, from the rear. unhappy
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMS Sebring ALMS   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSun 4 Mar 2012 - 0:11

I had the impression that the CMS Porsche Super Cup race at the Nordschleife was very good and fair. I am not too worried. Race Connect was a shame, even more so the admin seems to turn a blind eye on the mayhem.

Have you made some different expierences in past races of CMS? Well, try to stay out of trouble in the first laps. For example, if there are two drivers fighting for a position, don't join the party. And fair driver will respect your position going into the first corner.

razz
Back to top Go down
https://worldconnectcomp.aktiv-forum.com
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMS Sebring ALMS   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSun 4 Mar 2012 - 3:47

Its great that the entry list is so strong, I thought the 2.4 hr race was very fair although because it was so long it would have encouraged a better mindset and I spent a lot of time running alone. I will see how i feel on sunday and whether there is likely to be space on the grid, I would defer to CMS regulars like Michael if neccessary. First I will prepare for the EIIC test race on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Sebring   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSun 4 Mar 2012 - 17:58

Ya, well you know there is the adrenalin rush that we all encounter when we compete. You’re right in seeing it as something those with a cooler head try to avoid. I have been punted from my line by drivers who have overestimated their abilities to safely enter a corner combined with their desire to win or just improve on their past record. I have to admit I have done this in my rookie year. Marcel you your self said that if you are not first into the corner you have lost the race, maybe that remark was said tongue in cheek, but that is what drives the winners. Experience tells us that you have to be near the front into that first corner to win and it is very hard to maintain the discipline to move ahead of those in front of you. I could not believe my luck when at one point in the race I was in 5th place. I failed to keep the spot but it was earned as I passed a few guys to get there regardless of the crash that allowed me to gain a few of those places.
So I guess I am willing to chance any race and what happens in the first corner. Like most leagues there are good drivers and bad drivers, new drivers and experienced drivers and we take our chances for the fun of it. I watched your video and enjoyed your sarcasm it was good to see you could had some fun with the result even when they were not what you desired.
I can not confirm the abilities of the drivers at CMS any more than my own abilities, other than saying I try my best to navigate the circuits and avoid any contact with others as I think we all do.
When I said on the forum, that I am happy to finish it wasn’t about others, it was to overcome my own short comings, I also wish for the perfect race. I always look forward to applying my practice times into a real race and that’s why I am excited to race at Sebring.
smile
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: ?   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012 - 12:26

Well that was unexpected, it seems there is an invisible post on top of the outside curb at turn 1. I hit it and my wheels fell off!
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMS Sebring ALMS   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012 - 13:32

Ah unlucky :( it was really tough trying to pass you for 2-3 laps there. I think you let me through in the end.

I started the race on hards intending to go all the way through the race but they wore out too quickly so i turned off tc after a couple of spins. I changed to softs but lost concentration and clipped some tires and lost some speed through damage.

Traffic was tough to deal with, its frustrating dealing with gt1s. Was a bit dull because there was no competition other than Marcel who was too good. Eyes are stinging because in effect i have spent three and a half hours driving tonight.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: ?   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012 - 14:25

I looked at the replay, I went a bit wide and ran over the curbing at the pit exit and the car came to an instantaneous stop the rear of the car rose up in the air and exploded with both front wheels flying off into the distance. Inexplicable. innocent
I am sorry that you where disappointed in the race and when I saw I was holding you up and that Marcel was only about 30 seconds ahead I decided to let you by. There was that GT1 who was closing on us at times. I see that was an error. Next time I will not be so kind but I was getting a bit worried that I may cause you to act rashly so I thought it best to let you go by, you where faster than me after all. I think we could have finished in the top three of the GT2 and I hope you were 1 and 2 at the end.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: 1000 words   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012 - 15:47

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wow

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wow

innocent
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMS Sebring ALMS   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012 - 0:03

ohh... Michael, too bad! woops Funny picture though. laugh out loud

I remember these curbs from RDLMS practice, lucky enough it was fixed for the race.

Overall I felt like doing a practice race which was worthwhile for the coming EIIC race, mostly fighting against the faster cars making sure they don't make stupid moves. Needless to say it didn't work like it was intented to be a few times. There have been quite a few drivers in LMPC who overestimated theirselves and their cars. Lots of divebombing and apex cutting. Highlights have been shooting through a corner in front of me by a centimetre, drastically slowing down in the middle of corners so I could have put my granny behind the wheel and let her do the driving.

Well I told myself it would be better to just finish the race for that poor guy "Val" so I started to give in as good as I could when there was one of the "not so good" drivers behind me making a move. Some GT1 have been quite slow through the corners aswell.

Last but not least, Ricardo Avenzeno(spelling?), who participated in the RDLMS is back on my list of one of the craziest Prototype racers.

Now to myself: brainfart after 55 minutes of racing, once again putting the car into the wall. There was some good damage to be repaired by my pitcrew, took them 100 seconds. Reason: wanted to lap a slow GT2 Porsche being chased by a Prototype out of corner 16, so I followed the Prototype. But stupid me was too early on the throttle hence losing control in slipstream putting the car into the inside wall.
That's my second incident of one of a kind within two days. scared

My racing strategy was like 9100rpm, boost 2 in general, no tc, 90 litres, soft tyres, pitting around 60 minutes. However I put boost back to 1 after 60 minutes because of the big gap.
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMS Sebring ALMS   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012 - 0:35

Lol was a good turnout and although some of the lappers where a bit hesitant or when they weren't they were overoptimistic, but actually I thought the racing was very fair and was pleased with it.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMS Sebring ALMS   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeSun 11 Mar 2012 - 1:04

No no no... I don't wanted to make it sound that bad. Actually it was a very good race when you put away a few moments. Nowhere to be compared to Race Connects VLN.

big smile
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: LMPCs   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012 - 12:48

Hi
I have to remark on your observations regarding the LMPC cars. I have been running one in the latest North American series with CMS and they are really underpowered compared to the GT1s. The only advantage they have is they can go through the corners at lot faster than GT1s. A GT1 fully fueled car is also a bit heavy and I did manage to over take them down the main straight. I guess that becomes a dangerous method of passing in the wrong hands of those desperate to make a pass.

I being from a compatible time zone have shared the track with a lot of drives from Argentina and Brazil and must say some tend to be erratic and uncaring if not to the point of pushing you off the track for an advantage. suspicious The race Thursday was destroyed by a particular Argentine GT1 driver who caused a huge pile up in turn 4 of the first lap turning into the car just ahead of me and we all crashed as he drove away. After fighting my way back from 31st to 13th I caught up to him approaching turn 1 and pulled out to pass him he was in 12th place, and he moved out in a blocking move and just drove me into the pit wall. To say the least I was livid. very mad He also ruined the race for a lot of other drivers so I hope the admins will deal with him. I have to say that not all guys from the south are bad it is that when they are they are really really bad.

They have asked for volunteers to review the up coming races as stewards and I am considering helping out. Just a warning I may take advantage using my new found powers to finally move ahead of you guys should you be foolish enough to pass me in future races. laugh out loud
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Endurance trailer WCC ?   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 4:00

Check out this trailer from the Endurance mod guys for thier mod and check out the Sebring race segment and the 997. Time stamp between 2:18 and 2:25. Is this mot the WCC 997 entry? Sure looks like our colours.
wow
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMS Sebring ALMS   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 5:20

hehe... no its not the WCC Porsche, it looks like the Martini Porsche #95?
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Flashes of glory   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 16:16

Sure look like it as it flashes by. thank you
Oh ya Ross has changed the Nordschleife VLN Championship to run the endurance GT2 mod for the rest of the season. Everyone kept dropping out. No more penalties for winning. big smile
I had it figured if I placed 4 in all the races I would easily win the championship. O well faded dreams curses
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CMS Sebring ALMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: CMS Sebring ALMS   CMS Sebring ALMS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CMS Sebring ALMS
Page 1 of 1