World.Connect.Competition.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ALMS - Long Beach

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: ALMS - Long Beach   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012 - 6:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

smile
Back to top Go down
https://worldconnectcomp.aktiv-forum.com
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALMS - Long Beach   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012 - 6:30

2 hours? wt... ? laugh out loud
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALMS - Long Beach   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012 - 7:56

Anyone watched the live stream?

I was very disappointed about the stream quality and the huge amount of commercials, so after roughly one hour I turned the broadcast off. mad
Back to top Go down
oxia

oxia

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALMS - Long Beach   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr 2012 - 21:15

Marcel wrote:
Anyone watched the live stream?

I was very disappointed about the stream quality and the huge amount of commercials, so after roughly one hour I turned the broadcast off. mad

hi marpu, i watched the "stream", and i check a commercial spot every 7-8' unhappy IT'S A SHAME!!!!!! and the stream quality, pffff, very bad, the worst since i see this serie. the ESPN stream (better i think but not sure, you must pay 2.99€...for one race! shock )
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: Long Beach   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012 - 6:19

Hi
I watched the race and everything was good on this side of the pond. The attrition and accident rate was high but I guess to be expected on a closed circuit such as Long Beach. The thing that amazed me was the lack of flag men at some corners. I saw guys standing behind the fence madly waving there arms about but no flags in sight. Seemed a bit of an error by the organizers. On the other hand everyone likes a good crash eh! laugh out loud
The next North American round at CMS this Thursday night will be on the same track. I am hoping it will not be 90 minutes of mayhem. The yellow flag system for rfactor is a bit slow at times so I will have to be ultra aware going into some of the blind corners and there is not much room to slip around someone that has spun sideways. I need to add a large rear bumper to my LMPC. smile
Regards
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALMS - Long Beach   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012 - 7:49

Have you watched the ESPN broadcast Michael, or as usual, have you found a motors.tv stream? I tried motors.tv but haven't found a stream.

Looks like you fell in love with the LMPCs? big smile

Hi and Welcome to our humble forums oxia_HK, enjoy your stay! smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALMS - Long Beach   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012 - 9:13

Watched some clips. Its a nice track, 2 hours is a bit short.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: LMPCs   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012 - 13:50

I watched the ESPN feed from the ALMS site and as I said it was fine. It maybe there was a problem in the feed overseas. Not sure why your viewing was bad.
As for the LMPC I have to say a lot of the drivers are bailing out for other cars. They are not happy being beaten by the GT1s and on occasions a GT2. They are not very fast and the TC does not seem to work well with them. I tend to be a bit more patient with the throttle than some and as long as I keep that mind set and not try to over drive the car I do alright.
I am still driving a 997 in the world division on Sundays. I was enjoying the race at Adelaide last Sunday and following 458 into the first chicane when the guy ahead braked harder than I expected and rather than hit him I braked hard swerved and clipped the wall ending up stuck on a high curb and fried the engine trying to get off. Such is luck. unhappy
Sunday I watch the INDY race at LB and over heard a comment regarding a rear ender where the commentator said the guy in the rear had to much brake bias on the rear of his car which locked up and caused him to spin. My problem with the Adelaide accident I think. I will be playing around with the brake bias to see if I can fix that sort of thing.
regards
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: LB   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr 2012 - 14:11

Nice clips Richard, they are of the best part of the race between the GT’s for 3rd place. Quality looks good on these shots.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALMS - Long Beach   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr 2012 - 8:17

Pff... those who cried the most because of the new rules for GT cars won the race again. Cowards. razz
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALMS - Long Beach   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr 2012 - 12:14

i am interested to hear about your races michael did you have one tonight?

I am disappointed porsche is not winning too.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: Green Racing   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 2:29

Hi Richard
I would like to say all went well but alas those grey walls reached out and took off my front end. While running in 9th I was lapping a F430 which slowed to let me pass but then for what ever reason attempted to followed me through corner 8 along side. I knew at the time I should let him go through first but he kept braking and at the last moment I thought I could make it through ahead. Indecision kills and it was a down hill battle after that. I ended up 2nd from last after pitting for repairs and many laps down. I drove like a man possessed for the next 40 minutes as I ran my way back up to 14th and was hell bent to catch the guy ahead before the race ended not realizing I was a lap down on him but my blood was boiling. To add to the misery I am suffering a cold and actual hit the wall again in the final laps when I sneezed and drifted off into the strange unconsciousness that sneezing causes. Not a good night and I am really beginning to hate this string of concrete jungles the series is following.
Of the 27 starters 11 never made the finish and I was 15th of the 16 that did. It was great fun pushing like crazy even knowing the best I could do was unlap myself and finish ahead of all the GT2s. No joy there either but I am beginning to like the LMPC regardless of its shortcomings. In my mad dash I realize you have to push it hard to make it work which also means there is no room for a slip in concentration. If you lay back to much and take it easy it is a slug and the GT1s will eat you. Actually Don Fryman out qualified a P2 in a Corvette finishing 4th. The guy is a scary alien.
I am becoming an ardent proponent of green racing, at least having some of it on the other side of the curbs.
Good luck to you and the team with your upcoming race at Road America.
Cheers big smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ALMS - Long Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: ALMS - Long Beach   ALMS - Long Beach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALMS - Long Beach
Page 1 of 1