World.Connect.Competition.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Other sim racing leagues

Go down 
+2
Michael
Richard Roberts
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Marcel
Admin

Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012 - 12:03

aww... thats bad. Its still a win, although secretly. smile

Anyway I should have concentrated myself on EIIC or RD24H. 2 days of preparation, working on the bmw setup for a 2 minutes race. pfft.
Back to top Go down
https://worldconnectcomp.aktiv-forum.com
Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012 - 12:09

I think it helps prepare for the 24. What happened?

Also it made me realise how tough 24 hrs will be because I have not yet got through without crashing
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012 - 12:31

Will post the greatest of all great moments tomorrow lol. If this goes on like that it's not worth entering again. Having rookies killing themself on track with E1-XP cars is just wrong. I've seen it coming somehow.

laugh out loud
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: :)   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012 - 13:05

Congratulations Richard well done with the win at the first race of the series. big smile

I thought I posted this but now I see your post that you lost your win due to a penalty. To bad, though I got one of those a while back for failing to deregister. Regardless you still crossed the line ahead of the rest of us.

That was a lot of fun. I had a great time on track but a lot of trouble in the pits. I came in to the pit a the end of lap 4 and found a car sitting in the pit box. I was in 7th place when I entered and when I left I was in 11th curses . Malony spent over 2 minutes in the box and in spite of setting the repair for my car to NA I spent nearly 2 minutes fixing body work that was totally unnecessary as its effect on the car is zero as far as I am concerned. When I left the pit I pushed the limiter button too soon and received a drive through and came out in 12th but it didn’t end there when I served it I doubled clicked the button on and off and got another drive through coming out in 13th. From now on you can bet I will always read the message regarding the response. I did regain two places that I lost as Richard mentioned but failed to get into the top ten due to my mistakes small as they where. The real problem was waiting for a free pit box. I may change cars to make sure that does not happen next race. I will have to talk to Ross about that.
I assume you where caught up in the wreck at the beginning of the race Marcel. I was passed by a lot of cars at the start due to the car ahead sitting there for an inordinate amount of time after the light went green but it may have kept me out of the crashes at the start.
I am looking forward to the next event. This is my favorite track of them all.
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: :)   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2012 - 3:11

I have reflected on the sensitivity of the red button on my G25 shifter to produce a double click and have reassigned the speed limiter to the space bar. A great big button that I should be able to find and I hope this will fix the reoccurring problem for good.
Life is an endless series of adjustments.
smile
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2012 - 3:35

The big buttons are alright for me the little one on the steering wheel might not be ideal. For VLN I was using paddle shifts with red buttons to look left/right/behind.

Normally I stick shift and use paddles to look behind. 2 steering wheel buttons to cycle through hud and Teamspeak.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2012 - 8:33

as the suspension took a hard beating and the steering wheel got screwed up I decided to put the car to rest

join the fun lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pass: vln05rc01
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2012 - 8:50

Quite a nice video. Very pretty, shame about the poor driving don't let it get to you though.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2012 - 8:57

nah ... however standards used to be higher, worst club race ever (my first online race at RD comes to mind, Skoda Oktavia Cup, i finished second to last, but nowhere was it such a chaotic race)

shock

after two days of downloading software I just wanted to have fun... what turned out to be a 5 minutes race + qualification and practice laugh out loud
Back to top Go down
Michael

Michael

PostSubject: |0   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2012 - 17:42

Wow that was ruff stuff.
You didn’t enjoy the game of dodge the car?
I guess getting away slowly and passing through the wreckage paid off for me. The mid field is a hazardous place to be. You are right about fast cars in inexperienced hands, I tried a few faster cars but they where a handful for me and from my results if you ignore the pit box wait, I think I made the right choice with the 996. The only complaint I have is first gear. I dropped into it a few times wanting a bit of low speed control and sent myself bouncing off the Armco. Maybe next time people will come to their senses. A few penalties for causing an accident would put those drivers at the back. I guess putting fast cars in the hands of amateurs seemed like a good idea at the time.
Nice video though.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012 - 2:47

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Artur Szykula

Artur Szykula

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012 - 3:18

woow

so George goes with endu series there ;-)

I think, we must be there :D
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr 2012 - 7:04

interesting tips

NEVER change your game settings (video, sound, keys & buttons, etc.) once you have climbed in as a passenger of your car on the server - if you do, the swap won't work. To check if your video settings are fine, try offline with the AIs.

- If you are a user of the RealFeel plugin, it might be that your force feedback settings get inverted when you take over the car. If this happens, pressing ctrl+8 will set them back to your proper settings.

- If you have a drive through or stop & go penalty to do, you must do it BEFORE swapping drivers.

- Switching off the auto-save replay option will help older PCs.

- Finally, a fresh rFactor install, dedicated to the race and created just before it will maximise your chances of not encoutering problems during the race.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr 2012 - 12:14

a) NEVER change your game settings, once you have climbed in as a passenger of your car on the server - if you do, the swap won't work. To check if your video settings are fine, try offline with the AIs.

Check, this is important! Only change settings before joining a server.

b) If you are a user of the RealFeel plugin, it might be that your force feedback settings get inverted when you take over the car. If this happens, pressing ctrl+8 will set them back to your proper settings.

Check, we should not use any plugins, realfeel for example can not only invert ffb, it can disable ffb completely, cause disconnections and mismatches!

c) If you have a drive through or stop & go penalty to do, you must do it BEFORE swapping drivers.

That's interesting, I didn't know that. Let's keep this in mind.

d) Switching off the auto-save replay option will help older PCs.

Yep, a 2-3 hrs stint will create a 50+ MB replay file. But this shouldn't cause any problems with 2GB+ systems.

e) Finally, a fresh rFactor install, dedicated to the race and created just before it will maximise your chances of not encoutering problems during the race.

That's why everybody should use a seperate rFactor Install for each Series.

Should I add some of these things to our check list? smile

---

About the SRO League, check it out. Personally I don't like it because it's going to utilize a bitty/motley private mod containing cars from all kind of series mixed into one pot.

suspicious

Now, 24hrs race in the EIIC 2012 will be held at Le Mans, the modern layout.

smile
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 May 2012 - 9:20

Registration closed, but being put to the reserve list is possible.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun 2012 - 20:19

We should keep an eye on August, 15th! More information to come from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012 - 0:52

20H Rennen - WEC Series

I have no idea about race or race control quality, but if we are lucky we may get to the grid in September (half-way through the season).

Interested? I could place our team onto the waiting list.
Back to top Go down
Artur Szykula

Artur Szykula

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012 - 2:01

why not...
I think RD moves to rF2, so probably mod Endu will not rdy for rF2 at second half of the year.
Pawel from gentlemen-racers.org told me, that they started on it, to convert this one to rF2.
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012 - 4:09

Some random thoughts. It would be good to drive in a german league. It could be a place with great driving standards.

The schedule is quite full. We wouldn't want to do more than one race per month so to combine this with anything else would be tricky.

For the circuits I would look forward to silverstone and especially sao paulo, bahrain and fuji would be relatively new to me.

I only looked on my phone but if it doesn't have race connection or l2r that is a real negative for me. I like the confidence of staying in the race and that opponents are there to fight with. I suppose they are only six hour races so that isn't too bad.

I would really like to do the endurance rfactor race, I think it will be good.

With six hour races we need not all drive so that could help us do the full schedule.

In retrospect for eiic I was thinking it would be good to have a team of four drivers, alternating one sitting out each round except for 24 hour events.
Back to top Go down
Artur Szykula

Artur Szykula

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 21:54

something like Blancpain Endurance Series ;-)
a lot of cars:
GT3 - Aston Martin DBRS9
GT3 - Audi R8 LMS
GT3 - BMW Alpina B6
GT3 - BMW Z4
GT3 - Chevrolet Corvette
GT3 - Ferrari F430
GT3 - Ferrari F458
GT3 - Ford GT
GT3 - Jaguar XKR
GT3 - Lamborghini Gallardo
GT3 - Lotus Evora
GT3 - McLaren MP4
GT3 - Mercedes SLS AMG
GT3 - Porsche 997 GT3-R
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 22:07

I would like to give it a try.

Also I don't see harm in putting us down on the waiting list for rennen

The longer endurance events with bigger teams are still what I want to do most of all but this could be fun

Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 22:33

i see now it is long races. Now we should test the mod. could be good :)
Back to top Go down
Artur Szykula

Artur Szykula

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jul 2012 - 22:38

there will be races 12h & 24h ;-)
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jul 2012 - 10:42

wow
Back to top Go down
Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jul 2012 - 10:45

Damn i just dropped the race winner as a teammate.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jul 2012 - 11:19

Signed us up for 20H Rennen - WEC Series

A Porsche is no longer available, so I had to select the Ferrari 430GT. If we get selected for this series, we can still decide to race or not.
Back to top Go down
Marcel
Admin
Marcel

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2012 - 6:39

I'd be very interested in this single event because they use the VLM Le Mans 1996.

and

ENDURANCE-INSIDE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2012 / 13

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other sim racing leagues   Other sim racing leagues - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other sim racing leagues
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next